Do you have a few hours to volunteer race weekend? There are jobs available before, during and after race day. Race proceeds benefit local non-profits, hotel rooms and restaurants are full and the local economy gets a boost. Please consider donating a few hours to help make this a safe and welcoming event for 500+ athletes. View and sign up for a volunteer position here. Questions? Email the Race Director.
Course Change Announced!
This will affect the half marathoners and the second leg of the relay. No change for the first relay leg or 3-mile fun run. A new route map and elevation chart will be ready soon.
The new route will divert runners at approximately Mile 7.5 (at the college's outdoor track) and you'll be running on a portion of Middlebury College's NCAA approved cross country trails. Runners will be on a wide dirt trail for about 1.25 miles and get back on our usual course heading south on South Street Ext. at Mile 8.75 (past EastView). And, yeah, there's a hill in the woods!
Why the change? For several years we've been trying to improve traffic flow and runner safety near Porter Hospital. With traffic entering and exiting Porter Hospital and runners moving in both directions, this area of the course has become congested, created inconvenience for anyone accessing the hospital, and compromised runner safety. We're confident you'll like the variety of terrain this re-route offers. We've got it all--pavement, dirt, and trail!
All distances start at 9:00 a.m.
This is one of New England’s “must-do” road races. The Middlebury Maple Run - The Sweetest Half Marathon, Relay and 3 Mile Fun Run has earned a reputation as being well-organized and friendly. Plus, we can't resist mentioning the beautiful, scenic course that features vistas of the Green Mountains and Adirondacks.
Here's what you get with your registration fee:
- NEW FOR 2019! Prize money for top three 3M fun run finishers and expanded age group awards!
- A free 16-week training plan. Details here.
- Complimentary race pacing services with half marathon goal times of 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30 and 2:45. No sign up necessary--find your pace group at the starting line.
- High quality cotton t-shirt
- A shot of UnTapped All Natural Athletic Fuel
- Live musical accompaniment while you're running
- A unique and locally-produced finisher's medal
- Entry into the post-race pancake breakfast
- Free bag check
- Free parking and shuttle service
- Race day photography provided by Flashframe. Photos available for download and purchase post-race.
As in past years, race proceeds will benefit several of Addison County's non-profit organizations.