This information applies to all runners. If you are a relay team, there is additional information here.
- All distances start at 9 a.m.
- This is a change from 2018's race
- Official MMR cotton t-shirt with every entry. Must register by Friday, April 19th.
- Unique finisher's medal for every runner created by Maple Landmark Woodcraft
- Free bag check located near the start/finish line
- Free entry to post-race party
- Professionally timed by Bay State Race Services
- Accurate finishing times using B-Tag ChronoTrack bibs, timing mats at start and finish
- Every runner receives an official MMR cotton (Gildan brand) t-shirt, if you don't upgrade to the technical t-shirt.
- Upgrade to a tech t-shirt for $12.
- Upgrade to a long-sleeve t-shirt for $14.
- Shirts all feature our signature eye-catching "Mr. Sappy" logo.
- We must receive your entry by 4/19/19 at midnight to guaranteed a t-shirt (cotton or tech). For entries received 4/20/19 and later, t-shirts are first come, first serve basis, nor are sizes guaranteed. Register early and don't be disappointed!
- Use of headphones is discouraged. The majority of the course is open to traffic. Be aware of your surroundings--both vehicles and approaching runners.
- No dogs or strollers are permitted. You will be disqualified.
- No support "vehicles" such as bicyclists, skateboards or scooters to keep you company. This policy is to ensure a level playing field and keep you and other runners safe. You will be disqualified if you have support on the course other than what's provided by the race.
- Saturday, 5/4/19: 4 to 6 p.m. at Middlebury Regional EMS, 55 Collins Drive, Middlebury.
- Sunday, 5/5/19: 7:30 to 8:45 a.m. at Middlebury Regional EMS, 55 Collins Drive, Middlebury (near the race start)
- Absolutely no mailouts!
- Registration/start/finish area
- Half marathon:
- Mile 2 (past the Pulp Mill Covered Bridge)
- Mile 7 (past the relay exchange zone)
- Mile 10.5 (at the turnaround by Middlebury Kennel)
- Fun Run:
- Mile 2 (past the half marathon relay exchange zone)
Driving, Parking & Shuttles
- For GPS, use the intersection of South Street & Porter Field Road, Middlebury. Click here.
- Parking is located behind the Mahaney Center for the Arts--a 5-minute walk to the registration/start/finish area.
- Additional off-site parking location will be announced closer to race day.
- No parking behind Porter Hospital.
- Handicap parking available. Contact Sue Hoxie, race director.
- Shuttle buses will transport runners to/from Middlebury Inn and the secondary parking area to the registration area.
- Located behind Porter Hospital adjacent to the registration area.
- ALL BAGS MUST BE CHECKED!
- Free bag check located near the start/finish line.
- We are not responsible for any items lost, stolen or damaged.
- Allow plenty of time pre-race!
- Be sure to bring your own bag to store items. We do not distribute plastic goody bags.
- Provided by Bay State Race Services using B-Tag ChronoTrack bibs.
- Timing mats at the start & finish lines provide the most accurate finishing times.
- 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Free entry for runners with his/her bib number
- Friends and families may purchase tickets at $10/each for adults and $5/each for children 12 and under. Purchase extra tickets on race day.
Time Cutoff--Half Marathon
This is not a walking event! You must be able to run a 13-minute or faster mile.
To ensure the safety of our runners and volunteers and to re-open closed roads, there will be a time cut off. If a runner hasn’t reached the 7 mile mark by 10:30 a.m. (13 min/mile), we cannot guarantee support through the remainder of the course–meaning aid stations will close, you will not be officially timed, and the sweep vehicle will move up to the next runner. Runners may be asked to remove themselves from the course or be picked up by the sweep vehicle.